Panchayat Enterprise Suite (PES)
About Panchayat Enterprise Suite (PES)
The Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) has undertaken e-Panchayat Mission Mode Project(e-Panchayat MMP) with a view to introduce and strengthen e-Governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs) across the country and build associated capacities of the PRIs for effective adoption of the e-Governance initiative. Under this project, Panchayat Enterprise Suite (PES) has been conceptualised which comprises 11 Core Common applications. At present, Panchayat Enterprise Suite has been deployed/operational with 10 Core Common Applications and GIS layer module is under conceptualisation.
Local Government Directory (http://lgdirectory.gov.in)
Local Government Directory will be used by the Central and State departments who are responsible for forming new States/UTs, new Districts, new Sub-Districts, new villages and new local government bodies as well as changing their status , name and formation.
Area Profiler (http://areaprofiler.gov.in)
Area Profiler is one of the modules of Panchayat Enterprise Suite (PES) being prepared as a part of ePanchayat Mission Mode Project (http://ePanchayat.gov.in). Area Profiler envisages facilitating the Local Governments Bodies to manage their socio-economic information, demographical information, public infrastructure and amenities, election and elected representatives and other officials working in Local Governments effectively with proper records to facilitate tracking process subsequently.
It will act as a centralized database and the information would be available to other e-PRI applications for effective use. The main features of Area Profiler application are
- Facilitates to Local Govt. Bodies to Record and maintain socio-economic, Public Infrastructure, Tourist Places and Neighbouring local bodies details.
- Facilitate to Maintain Family Register for each Village Panchayat and helps to track the Demographic Condition based on many important Parameters.
- Facilitate to maintain State-wide General Election and By Election Process.
- Facilitate to record and maintain the BSLLD Datasets Proposed by MoSPI.
National Panchayat Portal (http://panchayatportals.gov.in)
NPP site aims to provide the unique web identity and presence to each PRI in the country. This generates dynamic portals for all district panchayats, intermediate panchayats, village panchayats in the country as well as State PR departments and MoPR site. The application ffacilitates content management & exchange among NPP sites. Each PRI Portal acts as a window for information & services provided by the respective PRI and each PRI Portal will publish relevant reports generated by various PES Applications. These dynamic Websites for each State and their Panchayats are already available. Each state just needs to get these activated. Once activated, you will be able to manage the content dynamically all by yourselves, without employing any technically skilled manpower with the easy and user friendly NPP interface. Each NPP Site will comprise of one or more Portal Pages, of which one will be designated as a Home Page for the site. Each Portal Page will consist of one or more Portlets and each portlet will contain one or more content items also the portlet can be configured to display content of specific metadata values of Subject, Audience, Content Type etc
PRIASoft means Panchayat Raj Institutions Accounting SoftwareIt brings about transparency and accountability in the maintenance of accounts and various transactions including payments and receipts thereby leading to better credibility and ultimately strengthening of PRIs.It manages complex accounting procedures, the ICTs can make the entire process of accounting simple and easy. The applications captures the 4-tier classification and generates all the reports in the formats prescribed by the sub-Committee on Budget and Accounting Standards for PRIs. The following are the features
- Standardization - The four tier accounting classification consisting of Major Heads, Minor Heads, Sub-Heads and Object Heads is captured by the software. The Central/State scheme would be mapped at the Sub-Head Level to provide accounting under the scheme.
- Integration - In order to facilitate the proper booking of receipt and expenditure and to generate the reports in the prescribed formats, the software prompts the user to select the appropriate account heads from the four-tier accounting classification.
- Transparency -In order to bring about accountability and transparency in the functioning of PRIs, the software is web-based software and all the accounting data of PRIs is available online on a centralized system.
- Local Language - The software supports local languages of the states to enable Panchayati Raj Institutions to function in their own languages.
- Authentication - In view of the high security need of the accounting system, the software provides a strong authentication mechanism and also maintains detailed audit logs of all the transactions carried out through the software.
- Availability – The software is web based and is available on 24*7 basis with proper login authentication.
Many attempts were made by the Government of India to introduce decentralized planning for development; however, they did not succeed as a proper enabling framework was not in place, both for planning and integration of developmental activities at the micro level. Recently, the Planning Commission issued a guideline mandating that all plans starting from XIth Plan period onwards should be prepared bottom up, in a decentralized manner. Backward Regions Grant Fund (BRGF) scheme of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj was the first scheme to adopt the Planning Commission guidelines in to and all BRGF states have been directed to prepare a district Plan document as against a BRGF Plan. PlanPlus is a software developed by NIC, under guidance and direction from Ministry of Panchayati Raj, in order to demystify and strengthen the decentralized planning process. The software is a web-based software and captures the entire planning workflow starting from identification of needs, the plan approval process till the final approval by the District Planning Committee. The software is highly generic and can be extended to capture the plans prepared by line departments at the state and central level to generate the National Plan. The application does the following
- Facilitates decentralized planning process in local language
- Captures the planning workflow
- Converges the flow of funds from different sources
- Converges the rural and urban plans to generate an integrated district plan
- Brings about total transparency in the plan approval process
- Provides role based authentication and authorization
- Acts as a decision support tool through the use of supporting GIS and graphs
ActionSoft is one of the modules of Panchayat Enterprise Suite(PES) being prepared as a part of ePanchayat Mission Mode Project (http://ePanchayat.gov.in). It aims at monitoring and keeping record of the progress of the works being undertaken as part of the finally approved plans(Action Plan) of various ULB, RLB and Line departments as available in PlanPlus (http://planningOnline.gov.in). It facilitates proper recording of the Financial and Physical progress of the works. It will act as a tool to support the monitoring of the status and the expenditure incurred in works undertaken under various central and state schemes by various governments. The features of ActionSoft are
- Works in collaboration with PlanPlus (http://Planningonline.gov.in)
- Captures the work execution flow
- Facilitates decentralized reporting of progress of work execution
- Converges and keeps track of the flow of funds from different sources during implementation
- Converges the rural and urban plan units to report the physical and financial progress of works
- Brings about total transparency in the reporting of physical and financial progress
National Asset Directory (http://assetdirectory.gov.in)
NAD acts as a repository of various assets created/ controlled/ maintained by RLBs/ULBs/Line Departments and assign a code to each asset for its unique identification leading to effective utilization of the assets.
NAD provides following features:
- Facilitates proper planning for convergence of funds from various schemes and record keeping of various assets belonging to RLBs/ULBs/Line Departments
- Captures the details of an asset as it moves through its life-cycle. These include upgradation, maintenance, earning, transfer, disposal and status update details.
- Generates various reports related to list of assets, asset upgradation and maintenance, asset earnings and asset disposal for NAD users and Citizens
- Interoperates with other PES applications so as to avoid duplication of data entry for the end users.
- Provides browser independence and local language support.
ServicePlus is a generic application to provide an electronic delivery for all the services provided by The Government to The citizen. The Government of India, State Governments and Local Governments are providing various services to benefit the citizens at Centre, State or Local level primarily Government to Citizen (G2C) and Government to Business (G2B). The services provided are either demand driven or mandated by the legislation. The services provided by Government can be categorized as: Regulatory, Statutory, Developmental, Consumer Utility Service.
Social Audit (http://socialaudit.gov.in)
Social Audit process involves Auditing of various schemes by Social Auditor and Social Audit Facilitator and submission of audit report. SAMM aims to understand, measure, verify work under different schemes done by the Panchayat and further to improve social performance of respective Panchayats.
Training Management Portal (http://trainingonline.gov.in)
Training Management System is meant to address the training management need of the organizations that are working for State Panchayati Raj Departments. It will help the organizations in capturing the Training Demands of the Elected Representatives and Functionaries and in preparing their training calendars. Once the training calendars are published, it facilitates the Organizations in process follow-up. Training Management System also allows Resource Persons and Training Agencies to register with it.
Training Management System is primarily used by the Training Organizations, Training Agencies, Elected Panchayat representatives, Panchayat Official, Resource persons and citizens. Training Organizations are responsible for forming Training Calendars and conducting trainings accordingly. Training Agencies aid training organization in conducting trainings